Over the last 7 weeks it has been vitally important to consider our personal health and wellbeing. Social distancing, hand washing, and bubbles are new terminologies that we have had to adopt, and quickly.
This time also gave food for thought to many businesses, around how they could sustain themselves when there was no physical foot traffic to their shops/businesses. We saw an influx of new websites hitting the marketplace. From butchers, to bakers and takeaway shops. Online deliveries at the start of level 3 skyrocketed, and bookings to beauticians and hairdressers spiked on Monday.
With this new found freedom in Level 2, I feel people are still going to be cautious, we have had engrained in us the hand washing, bubbles and social distancing, and the potential worry of going back to Level 3 or 4.
So what does this mean? I believe another area that still needs to be considered is how you are taking care of your online and digital marketing? Yes, it requires care too, and below are actions you can be taking yourself to ensure your online presence is being looked after and in the best possible form for your potential and existing clients.
Actions to take right now
- Update your Google My Business hours - you may find they you are "temporarily closed" - if that is not the case make sure to change this. And make sure your contact details are accurate (make it easy for people to reach you)
- Update your website home page with relevant information on how you are taking and monitoring contact (peace of mind for your clients is important)
- Where necessary inform your clients by email (if you have a database) of your safety measures, and let them know what to expect when shopping from you
- Update your social media profiles - again with relevant and applicable information for Level 2
- Think about any special offers your business can provide - remember #shoplocal and let's support kiwi businesses whenever we can
- Make the most of booking software to free up your time - Fresha is a free online directory and booking system that several clients use and report effective (make bookings easy).
JUNE. Edited to add: New Zealand is now in Level 1 and more and more businesses are improving their online presence. I heard a great ad on the radio for buying your home improvement items online.
Online Home Improvement - who would of thought this was such a thing!
Trade Depot have taken their business to a great new level. It is never too late to get on line and restructure your business for the growing phenomenon of online shopping.