Focus on what you can control. Add a touch of kindness to your conversations
Name: Jason Tiller, Partner Manager
Years in business: Ten
- Website builder
How Rocketspark is contributing to our community:
- Our focus is making sure our core base of customers, predominantly small to medium business survive.
- We have embarked on a mission to create and distribute business strategy playbooks for different industries hit hardest, or that have the biggest opportunity. We’re also offering a more thorough customer support service, helping with businesses trying to get up to speed with selling online.
Three key tips to thrive:
- This situation is a stressful time all around, my first piece of advice is to focus on what you can control. You might not be able to sell products to your customers, but there’s nothing stopping you engaging with them. Remind that you’ve been here for them, and you still will be after this is all over.
- Secondly, make sure you know what you are eligible for. The Government has cast a wide social support net to ensure small businesses can survive. You can find out more here.
- And lastly, be kind and communicate. I know it sounds glib, everyone seems to be saying it, but for businesses I think it’s more important than ever. Communicate with your suppliers about payment issues, and if you’re the supplier, add a touch of kindness to the conversation. With kindness and communication, we can all get through this.
Partner Manager, Rocketspark