Be prepared to learn how to do things differently
Name: David Todd
Business: Toddy Talks
Years in business: Nine
- Sales Training (Relationship Based)
- Independent Facilitation
- Team and Culture Development
- Professional MC
How Toddy is contributing to our community:
- As part of the Rural Support Trust I have been active working with the Rural Advisory Group and Civil Defence Emergency Management on Drought and COVID-19 relief response efforts.
- My latest blog post is designed to give people 10 Lessons we are learning during lockdown that will be important to carry into the “new normal”.
- I’m also deliberately staying out of people’s faces while they get their head round what’s next for them. There will be a time and a place for my skill set.
Three key tips to thrive:
- Look after yourself - eat well, exercise, have a routine, minimise your exposure to mainstream media ( PTSD was worse post 9/11 in people who over indulged in the media than in those who were in the Twin Towers) and be kind to those around you.
- Know your numbers - Personally look after your health (blood pressure, pulse, weight etc) and Professionally - key indices in your business need to be front of mind, accurate and known to your key advisors (Banker, Accountant, Mentor/Coach if you have one). As we re-calibrate there is less room for guess work. Gut feel is still valuable but you need to know your numbers.
- Keep an open mind and be prepared to learn how to do things differently.