Just like our health, our business digital marketing can take a hit over the Christmas and New Year period. A little planning can go a long way as more businesses are vying for sales and customers ramp up with gift purchasing.
Here are some key areas it will pay to manage ahead of time.
- Create a plan for your marketing activity, start warm and ramp it up closer to Christmas if you are selling products.
- Check with courier companies for delivery date expectations so you can inform your customers.
- Offer special discounts and sales to your loyal customers and social media followers (a little gratitude goes a long way).
- Put your closed dates up on your Google My Business page.
- Let your customers know when you'll be closed think: email, social media post, cover image on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Give your social media post content a lift with some Christmas spirit (but don't over do it!)
- Schedule posts over the holiday period while you are closed.
What other ideas do you have for the holiday season marketing, I would love to hear.
And remember... while there are always New Year resolutions if things don't go to plan... we are always learning what works so why not start and give some of these ideas a go.