Nearly six years in business and I ponder how have I retained clients who have been with me from the start.. not only keeping them happy but achieving happiness myself?
Here are my top 10 tips:
- Be yourself - don't beat around the bush trying to be someone you are not to
- Get interested - your client's have a life outside of work too, take an interest
- Be curious - ask questions and get interested, you may naturally be inspired and learn something new
- Personal contact - send out to your database but also keep the personal contact alive, phone calls and personalised emails go a long way
- Remember to laugh - business can be mixed with humanity, show client's your sense of humour
- Add value - you know that little thing that will take you five minutes and your client 30 minutes... go above and beyond on occasion and make their day
- Do not over promise and under deliver - there is nothing worse than letting a client down so ensure you set realistic expectations
- Get it in writing - contracts, pricing, job details, ensure it all goes down on paper to save misinterpretations
- Look after yourself - if you are not on form you cannot perform, it really is that simple
- Have a support crew - family or friends, have at least one person you can run ideas past, debrief with when you need
- Create a network - regularly meet with likeminded professionals, connect and share your business wins/losses
- Share - by not operating in a dog eat dog world, instead sharing your knowledge and connections freely, we support each other in prosperity.
The bonus of following these tips:
I get to enjoy my business, my clients and each and every day that I go to work. I'd love to hear your tips for happiness in business and customer retention, do get in touch.